Monday, December 28, 2009

Sir, Yes Sir!

I've entered the ranks of the running coaches. My Christmas gift to my mom is to help her train for a 5K road race. She's never run before, but given her stress levels, I think running (or any endurance sport) will benefit her.

My broken foot doesn't feel much better - maybe I should stop trying to do "climbs" on the spin bikes? Also, I may have cracked my shin slipping on some icy stairs three weeks ago. Good thing I can't run anyway. Biking is great though - I took the Carema up to the balloon park and rode loops (the criterion loop) for half an hour. Practiced turning, clipping in and out, and general control. It may take some time to master handling, but I think I'm well suited to cycling, given my long quads and love of prolonged pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment