Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Carema -ma -ma-ma-ma!

New and proud owner of a used Novara Carema road bike :D

It is gorgeous. Only a year or two old, immaculate condition, clip petals and drop bars. Nevermind that it is REI brand - it was a steal at $325. Also, Mark, my dad's bike-fiend friend (he owns at least five bikes) recommended it as a solid beginner bike.

It's in the shop right now for a basic tune up, but I've got a new helmet, shorts, and shoes (Christmas presents, of course). I can't wait to ride! I never thought being injured would be this much fun. Last spring was awful for me - patellar tracking kept me off my feet for four months - so diversifying my athletic interests is a good idea. No need to stress out when I get hurt, and more cross training might prevent injuries altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment