Sunday, December 6, 2009

High Heels

Well, I managed to ravage my already-broken feet last night by galavanting about campus in a pair of three-inch heels.

Calluses are cracking and the balls of my feet are terribly bruised. On top of all this, I've been lacing my shoes too tightly, and the tendons on top of my left foot are compressed and swollen.

What a disaster. My long run this morning ended up being two painful miles of decreasing pace - not a great feeling considering the fact that I ate a pork tenderloin LARGER THAN MY FACE last night. Ten bucks says this is a lousy week for body-confidence.

It might be time to adjust my winter training plan to something more reasonable. My ankles steadily complain more and more each day. Sheer laziness is the only thing holding me back from printing out a modified spreadsheet and taping it to my door. But, since I won't be running for a few days, I'll have a little bit more time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment